Momtastrophe or Momtastic

Friday, January 10, 2014

Cinnamon and Ginger Detox Tea

When ever I feel like a cold is coming on, or my kids come home with runny noses and I want to give myself an immunity boost I make cinnamon and ginger detox tea. It is also great when your tummy is feeling funny and naturally relieves nausea.

This detox tea recipe is naturally caffeine free and so easy to make. All you need is ginger root, cinnamon sticks and water.

Cinnamon: Reduces inflammation, is an antioxidant, helps fight bacteria, regulates blood sugar and boosts immunity

Ginger: Reduces inflammation, is an antioxidant, aids in digestion, alleviates nausea and contains vitamin C


Brew 2 cinnamon sticks and a 2 inch section of ginger root in water. Allow to cool slightly and serve.  I tend to make this tea in large batches and keep the extra in the refrigerator. It is very tasty served hot or cold!
 


No comments: